Friday, September 28, 2007

Nielsen Zoo of HIgher Learning

When you enter the grey building on Echo Street, Grand Cayman, you'll immediately be greeted by animals everywhere! This is an introduction to the Nielsen Family Zoo of Higher Learning.


This is Ezekiel's friend Jaspar and Zookeeper Tara.

A lot goes on in this place and we aren't just talking about monkey business. It is here that guests are inspired about the wonders of the natural world. Truthfully, education is at the heart of this family's mission and Zeke and I feel truly honoured to be a part of the learning when we enter this house.


Cuddles for Caramel the cat.

Cat nap anyone?



Any cat I've seen usually tries to de-feather the bird. Not this one! She's as gentle as the zoo keeper.




"No, I won't de-feather you Sunshine Mangoe but I'll sure as anything torment you!" says Caramel Stitch the kitty.

Do you SEE the bird or does he just blend in so well?


Now you see him!



What! You let him out of the cage?



Kisses between Oscar Ferdinand the 9 year old black lab and Caramel Stitch the calico humane society rescueee.




Are you playin' with me?




Umm, Mom Caramel is into our goldfish again.






Zeke's all animaled out!

Yes even sometimes those animals that we can't actually have in our homes, DO come to life nonetheless at the Nielsen Zoo for Higher Learning.



Yes even T-Rex will play with the king of the jungle at the Nielsen zoo.




And sometimes we're ready for a change from animals to manmade wonders!




Zeke, meet Mr. Nibbles the dwarf hamster.



Do you see what I see?




It's Mr. Nibbles the stinky but lovable rodent!


Yep, he's in there, can you see him?


Let's take this ball off for a better look!








You OK there Jaspar?





You been raisin' animals for long friend?






Every time we go to the zoo, more animals come out of the woodwork. I'm sure next time, we'll see a lion licking a lemon in the lobby or a giraffe playing the kazoo. Always a good time at the Nielsen interactive zoo.



The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Gandhi