Monday, July 14, 2008

Dinosaur Montessori Camp

Marvelous Monday



Excited to leave the house for his first day of school camp on Monday.

This week it was 'Mega Beasts' - Dinosaurs.





Jason and I finally gave in after non-stop 'I want to go to skooa! I want to go to skooa!' On the island there are so many great little programs/camps running for children and since we're here for the summer, we thought, "Ok, what's it going to hurt?"



There's no rush for Zekie Peet to grow up but he just seems so 'wanting' to go to skooa.' He was a little disappointed when we dropped him off this morning and he found out he wasn't going to ride that big 'orange' thing called a school bus. School buses for those of you that don't know are Zeke's absolute FAVORITE. He has quite the collection of school buses.









Jason and I take him to Montessori School of Cayman (just like the real authentic Ma and Pa shops you find in Switzerland) and he walks in the doors a little nervous like but he goes to Miss Peggy his teacher, she greets him and asks him to sit down beside his little friend.



He takes a look at her and then around the room and says, 'Right.' (as if to say, umm yeah I'm going to size up the situation first). Then he makes way across the room and sits, half kneeling as if to communicate, 'Yeah, if I don't like this I'll be jet setting outta here quicker than you can say skooa bus!' (check out the picture above).



He stares intently at his teacher clearly a little nervous but he combats those fears in no time and takes it like a real little muchacho. Jason and I were peeking around the corner....just chuckling. Before we left they were singing a little welcome song........and we hear this little voice chirp, "Let's sing a better song.....let's sing Wheels on da Bus." We were in stitches!



With Papa on his first day!




With Momma and little baby sibling on his first day!



As Jason and I got back into the car we were silent. There was a definite sadness. We just dropped our little tyke off to school (whomever says they aren't ready at this age....within reason.....is kidding themselves).



It was clear that Zeke was his own little man. I just couldn't believe I was witness to what I was witness to today! And what was I going to do for 3 hours? Well, 3 hours later the house was spotless (one in a mill chance of that).



Jason and I both went to pick Zeke up and as we were leaving he said goodbye to all his friends and told them without prompting, 'We'll play tomorrow guys.' Then he walks out the doors one hand holding Jasons and the other holding mine........he says, "So.......(long pause) Did you miss me guys?"


"Did we ever miss you," we respond in unison.


He says, "Good, tomorrow I ride the skooa bus to skooa." Who wants to tell him that we live on an island and we all get rides whether by stroller or car to school?



Terrific Tuesday





Whimsical Wednesday



Zeke & his little buddy Jaspar (Jaz).



Titilating Thursday




Fabulous Friday


"Let children be children. A skilled five year old grows from a busy four year old, a curious three year old, a cuddled two year old, an adventurous one year old and a communicative baby."