
Two little girls die in crash near Olds
Sat Aug. 30 2008 24:30:59
Two young sisters were killed and their mother and teenage brother seriously injured yesterday when the car they were travelling in collided with an SUV near Olds, about 90 km north of Calgary.
A six-year-old girl was ejected from the Lumina and pronounced dead at the scene, and her two-year-old sister was taken to Olds hospital, where she later died.
Their 38-year-old mother who was driving sustained serious injuries and was also taken to Olds hospital. Her 16-year-old son was taken to Foothills hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The lone occupant of the Trailblazer was treated at hospital for minor injuries.
Const. Francine Hiebert said tending to a fatal crash involving young children takes its toll on emergency crews, who have access to counselling services if they need it.
"I can speak from experience -- it's something you lose sleep on," she said.
I Am Not There
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the snow on the mountain's rim,
I am the laughter in children's eyes,
I am the sand at the water's edge,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle Autumn rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the star that shines at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.
Each of us are angels with really one wing. We are only able to fly by embracing one another. And love is what connects us. It's the condition in which the true happiness of another person is essential to your own.
Our love and support go out to our extended family. Please find a tiny miracle in today and embrace it. Share with loved ones just how much they are cherished.
Rest in peace tiny angels.
May those whom you've left behind...
find their faith,
rekindle their hope,
and extend their love in your honour.
“Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get excited about the privileges of simply being human.”

