Sunday, February 8, 2009

Momma Called the Doctor and Guess What He Said....

Man alive! Where are the speed bumps when we need them?

Poor Zekie had to make a trip early this morning to the hospital when he decided that (despite our attemps at warning so many times) the bed was a trampoline and he was the acrobatic artist. I suppose there's a first for everything.


Jason reading none other than "5 little monkeys" to Zeke. And Zeke did NOT take his eyes off that book once...well, except for when the Doc came in.


That was hell to be witness to watching your kid get stitched up. The wound was pretty deep and wide.

Might I add the little warrior Thane was a trooper as well. He managed to cry with sympathy pains for his big bro everytime Zeke needed that support. Way to go Thane.




It may be thought of as insensitive to capture this on camera. However, we've already looked at these pictures a few times. It's all part of the understanding. When he sees the pictures, the understanding is present.....probably not a good idea to venture out and try 'that' again.

All I have to say:
Thank goodness - it could have been a lot worse.
Thank goodness this happened on the weekend.
Thank goodness for oxy-clean. Can these three year olds ever bleed!



Jason and I are pretty quiet tonight..........reflective mode....




Needless to say, these Backaki Maki's are laying low for the next couple weeks. Zeke already asked me tonight if we could go to the beach swimming tomorrow. Yeah right! I just proceeded to show him the pictures again.



PS. Wonderful service and attention at the hospital.