Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Old Grey Mare......


Those words "FINISH" never looked so delicious!!! After a long 1 mile swim, coming through that gate, I could have jumped up and eaten those words but instead I focused on what was waiting for me.......Yippee! My buoys keeping me afloat the reality boat!





Once again, Zeke glad to see me but very disappointed that I did not take him with me to swim. I think this week I'll take him for a walk down the beach just so he understands how far he would have to swim. He's my althletic buddy....there's no doubt about it!




The best part about that swim was the uninterrupted ME time, seeing two rays and a turtle pass below me.
Oh, and let's not forget the fact that my goggles broke 5 minutes before race time.....THANK YOU Margaret for being home and answering your door and lending me your peepers! So, I had a workout before I even had a workout. That said, if you're wondering which one I am, I'm the one who is BUTTless. I kicked it off during that swim!
Approx...2400 strokes later....
Yes while thinking about anything under the sun while immersed in the azure bleu, I'm methodical about my swimming......breathe every four or five to alter sides......and I count trance like.... 1,2,3,4....breath, 2,2,3,4 breathe.............99,2,3,4 breathe......and so on. When I get to one hundred I go back to one and then I just count that hundred set.
Now I've just given the Bacac secret. Hope it helps you stay afloat!
Rhythm + Breathing = Balance. And balance is key in everything we do. Balance and a backbone instead of a wishbone. A little of good ol' WILL goes a long way.