Happy 70th Birthday Mom!
November 26, 1937 - April 3, 2001
My Mom taught me to love who I have become and who I continue to strive to be. While she graced this earth, she taught me to sing the songs that lived in my heart, to dance like I don't give a damn, to pour light on my dark, and take more than an interest in life - to be passionate about it.
She lived well, loved wisely, and served greatly. When I yearn for her tangibility, I close my eyes in order to see her a little clearer. That is when I feel her presence tickling my check and realize that it is enough......it has to be. A dynamic peacefulness ebbs & flows.
Often the poignant but heartbreaking of pictures evoke the mindful memory and are often those that ooze beauty as well.
Beyond thoughts and opinions,
Beyond songs and silence,
Beyond today and tomorrow,
Beyond life, just one thing remains.
After every phase of darkness dawns a bright new day.
The infinte loss is still smaller than our inner strength.
We love you Mom!
Achievement
To have achieved is to have
lived well, laughed often and loved much;
gained the respect of intelligent men and women and the love of children;
filled a niche and accomplished a task;
left the world a better place, whether by improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it;
looked for the best in others and gave the best;
lived a life filled with inspiration;
left a legacy behind.
This is achievement.
- based on the poem by Robert Louis Stevenson