
The day is finally here........didn't sleep much the night before.....my internal clock woke me up before I had a chance to hear my harmonic melodies come over the speaker.
A little Yoga stretching on the mats out in the front room........
A run to the kitchen counter to check off and grab items from the list I made before........
Into the fridge to grab my Red Bull, open a granola bar and head out the back door to bring the bike around front. Check the tires for the last time........... throw it in the surf vanagan. Man, it's times like that that I totally LOVE our Honda Element.....completely utilitarian.
At 5:30 am in the morning the island is still, the roads quiet. I KNOW anyone travelling them is probably headed where I am.
I pull up behind a familiar vehicle. It's Suzanne - the inspiring vitamin that has seen and supported me through the past four months of training. How fitting that even today, I admire her lead.........I am able to be lead but I chart my own course, therefore never follow. I believe there's a big difference between being able to be lead at times and following.
I smile as I shine my high beams on her.....and I let out a little giggle. The few healthy stomach butterflies that I do have seem to leave for a moment.........

And then there's a different sort of inspiration. People who don't necessarily compete but take the time and energy to pull themselves out of bed early in the morning to support. These are the truest of friends (they're doing things for others even when it's not in their best interest). They know how to give of themselves and wouldn't miss the excitement for the world!
This is Magnificent Marnie.......and she's incredible supportive of her friends and is always doing creative things to get people excited! Check out the cool shirt!


This is my Southern beauty of a friend from Mississippi and her daughter who is also Zeke's friend.....Castlin. Wherever there's a party, you'll find Jovial Jen! They both came out to support!

And then of course there's support for the support. This is Zeke's little friend Castlin. AKA. Pebbles and BamBam.
Before the light takes hold on the island to bring about another beautiful day, I'm reminded of the tranquility in the darkness. I unload my Specialized "Ground Control" - a bike that has seen me through much and stroll over to the transition zone to place my wheels.... I count the 8th rack in, beach side, to place my ride. I'm number 220 and I'm beside a stationary bike (someone's hard core on the warm-up!). I like even numbers. I place my lucky sunshine shirt around my handle bars (yellow is MY favorite color), helmet with sun nerds and gloves inside. I get out my swim goggles, place a little gunk in the lenses and then work them until they're crystal clear......I don't want to be looking through any stained glass windows today.

Margaret suggested, "Triathlon?" I knew I'd always wanted to do one but I just thought that maybe if I attempted I'd of bit off more than I could chew. I told Maraget that I was going to think about it.....and did, for all of 2 hours. I promptly fired her an email saying, "I'm in, let's train." Our training together was almost nil because of our very different schedules (Mags being a teacher and I being a Momma, there was little common time to train together).
I think somewhere along there we decided we'd see one another on November 25th. And so here we were, ready to rumble. We took a moment before the race to enjoy some reflection - Thank you for being the light and the mirror that reflects it Margaret!


And last but not least, thank you to both my Mom and Dad for teaching me about accomplishment both in their very distict ways: "Come on let's hustle!" says Dad. "Get on with it already!" says Mom.




