Fifty people from all walks of life, got together on the evening of November 25th to say farewell to a friend. All had daisies within their grasp, we toasted a wondeful life and said a little something about Shanny and then we walked out to the ironshore and let the flowers go with the tide. It was really beautiful. I was really honoured to be a part of it.



I'm battling with shock, disbelief and much sadness at the moment. My thoughts are totally directed toward this family. And certainly I'm holding my boys a little closer and hugging them up a little more. I suppose circumstances like this (that don't make any sense whatsoever and could have been prevented) must happen in order that we shift our priorities every once in awhile away from the 'things' in our life to the 'people'.
I have NOTHING to complain about.....nothing at all.
If we could all just drive a little slower, quieter, and perhaps be a little more patient with those ahead and behind.
Our thoughts are also out to Care and family. Care's brother John died October 27th in Costa Rica in a drowing accident. John was laid to rest in Canada today of all days. I have been so troubled by this death that I've not wanted to verbalize much. My thoughts are with Care and her family as they attempt to find some sort of new normalcy without Johnny the Freespirit.


An arduous day indeed. Godspeed. AMEN.
So that leaves the rest of everyone...........and the one question still remains:
What will you do with your dash? Click below (and that will be the quote for this entry - it speaks for itself). WIDEN THE DASH people....widen.
http://www.thedashpoemmovie.com/
Yesterday evening there was a very unfortunate vehicular accident on the island that resulted in the most tragic death. A wife and mother of two very young children has died.
Although great thoughts of foreboding circled me everywhere, I ignored all news, TV, radio and avoided talking to anyone about it yesterday. I remember going to bed yesterday saying to Jason, "I pray that it's not someone that I know." But, I just knew it would be someone I was fond of and knew.
Today I spent the day up at Rum Point with some friends and their children. I attempted to keep my mind off of it but I could not help but let my imagination wander. I remember saying to a girlfriend, "You know I don't have a problem with cell phones unless they are over used. I better just make sure I have mine so that if Jason needs me, he can reach me." I then ran back up to my car and not more than 20 minutes later, I received a phone call.
I don't really remember much of my 40 minute drive home today as my pulsating sadness was leap froggin' through the corners of my over-extended mylen sheath.....but I do remember Zeke asking me, "Momma sad?" He obviously had heard my conversation with my friend after I received the call. I suppose I usually talk to him that he could sense something was wrong. He was the best little trooper the whole way home. Funny how 'they' (the kids) are therapy in themselves and just know!
Zeke's little friend Zoe has lost her Mom. Shanny was driving her car with her little daughter down the by-pass when her SUV was hit head on by a semi truck. Momma didn't survive but her little girl (Zeke's age) did. She also leaves behind a young son and a loving hubby.
Although great thoughts of foreboding circled me everywhere, I ignored all news, TV, radio and avoided talking to anyone about it yesterday. I remember going to bed yesterday saying to Jason, "I pray that it's not someone that I know." But, I just knew it would be someone I was fond of and knew.
Today I spent the day up at Rum Point with some friends and their children. I attempted to keep my mind off of it but I could not help but let my imagination wander. I remember saying to a girlfriend, "You know I don't have a problem with cell phones unless they are over used. I better just make sure I have mine so that if Jason needs me, he can reach me." I then ran back up to my car and not more than 20 minutes later, I received a phone call.
I don't really remember much of my 40 minute drive home today as my pulsating sadness was leap froggin' through the corners of my over-extended mylen sheath.....but I do remember Zeke asking me, "Momma sad?" He obviously had heard my conversation with my friend after I received the call. I suppose I usually talk to him that he could sense something was wrong. He was the best little trooper the whole way home. Funny how 'they' (the kids) are therapy in themselves and just know!
Zeke's little friend Zoe has lost her Mom. Shanny was driving her car with her little daughter down the by-pass when her SUV was hit head on by a semi truck. Momma didn't survive but her little girl (Zeke's age) did. She also leaves behind a young son and a loving hubby.

I'm battling with shock, disbelief and much sadness at the moment. My thoughts are totally directed toward this family. And certainly I'm holding my boys a little closer and hugging them up a little more. I suppose circumstances like this (that don't make any sense whatsoever and could have been prevented) must happen in order that we shift our priorities every once in awhile away from the 'things' in our life to the 'people'.
I have NOTHING to complain about.....nothing at all.
If we could all just drive a little slower, quieter, and perhaps be a little more patient with those ahead and behind.
Our thoughts are also out to Care and family. Care's brother John died October 27th in Costa Rica in a drowing accident. John was laid to rest in Canada today of all days. I have been so troubled by this death that I've not wanted to verbalize much. My thoughts are with Care and her family as they attempt to find some sort of new normalcy without Johnny the Freespirit.


An arduous day indeed. Godspeed. AMEN.
So that leaves the rest of everyone...........and the one question still remains:
What will you do with your dash? Click below (and that will be the quote for this entry - it speaks for itself). WIDEN THE DASH people....widen.
http://www.thedashpoemmovie.com/
