
Today was another earlier riser of a day.....up at 5:30 to make sure the body, mind and spirit woke up before a 7 am race. I attempted the second build up series of the triathlon. Today I had many training partners join me. It was nice to be in a race type setting while accomplishing 3/4 of the final distance. The BIG race is Sunday November 25th (fittingly 1 day before what would have been my Mom's 70th birthday)!
I am realizing very quickly that a triathlon is really a 4 part discipline. It should really be called a Quadathlon (but then it's not as appealing a name so a race like this wouldn't yield as many competitors).
After today, I REALLY learned what the coined phrase, "practice makes next to perfect" meant. Repetition before race day in the TRANSITION ZONE is a good thing. Afterall, we can't expect that everything will phenominally fall into place. Oh yes, things will fall......but they won't be falling into any kind of order. Expect the unexpected.
The sea wasn't too choppy for the swim but the sporadic head wind when I climbed upon my bike was something to be reckoned with. Upon dismounting my bike had I been running along side my 22 month old, he would have certainly surpassed me. It's remarkable how your muscles have the memory and within no time at all you are moving a little quicker.
I woke up the next day and didn't find my body in any stiffness at all. I owe that to a certain Yogi instructor who's teaching me to elogate before strengthening. Energy medicine! And to trigger point technology - mirroring the feeling of a human hand on all the pressure points!
As long as my body and mind are into this.....I'm going to continue using the TRY-angle and keep on TRI'n!
"The mind controls the body and the mind is unlimited!"